The Community Events page is a place where you can search for upcoming or past community events*.
*Community Events can be submitted by email. Every Community Event that is posted here must be Dedham specific and be approved by the web administrators before becoming publicly available and displayed on our Community Event Calendar. The webmaster and/or Town Administration has the right to refuse postings which are deemed to be inappropriate or irrelevant without explanation.
Looking for Meeting Postings or other important Town dates? Visit the Town Calendar.
Flag Day Parade
- Date: 06/17/2017 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Location: Memorial Field
130 Eastern Avenue
Dedham, Massachusetts 02026
- Introduction: Dedham's 2017 Flag Day Parade will take place on Saturday, June 17, starting at 5 p.m.
The 2017 Flag Day Parade will take place on Saturday June 17th not the usual June 14th. This will be the 50th edition of the parade so we wanted to make it a special day. The Parade will start one hour earlier this year at 5pm. The parade will follow its usual route except for the very end where it will take a right onto Whiting ave as opposed to the left towards Memorial.
The parade route:
- Starts on East Street at Dedham Middle School,
- Proceeds down East street and left onto High Street,
- Follows high street into Dedham Square past the Community Theater,
- Turns right onto Washington Street,
- Turns right onto Harris Street,
- Proceeds down High Street to East Dedham,
- Turns right on Milton Street,
- Turns right onto Walnut Street,
- Turns left onto Oakdale Avenue,
- Turns right onto Sanderson Avenue,
- Turns right onto Mt. Vernon Street,
- Turns right onto Whiting Avenue
- Parade ends at Dedham High School.
At 7pm Memorial park will open with a live band, refreshments and a fireworks display.
Recommended viewing areas for the fireworks are Memorial Field, Dedham Square and the Dedham Middle School.
Suggested parking areas include Dedham Square, Dedham High School, Dedham Middle School, Avery School, Dedham Pool, town lot on High Street (former St. Mary’s parking lot), and Town Hall.
If you would like to submit interest to become a vendor at the Flag Day Celebration, please complete the vendor form.
Temporary no parking signs will be placed on one side of the street at the following locations: Brookdale Avenue, Avery Street, Clark Street, Eleanor Street, Barrows Street, Cecil Place, Harvard Street, East Street (from High Street to Brookdale Avenue), Abbott Road, Van Brunt Avenue and Mt. Vernon Street (from High Street to Whiting Avenue).
Beginning at 8 p.m. and continuing until the conclusion of the fireworks display, Eastern Avenue from Providence Highway to East Street and East Street from High Street to Eastern Avenue will be CLOSED.
The Memorial Field parking lot will be reserved for emergency vehicles only.
No coolers or alcoholic beverages will be allowed on Memorial Field.
We look forward to the 50th Flag Day Parade and Fireworks celebrations and appreciate your cooperation so that all may experience a safe and enjoyable evening.