The Community Events page is a place where you can search for upcoming or past community events*.
*Community Events can be submitted by email. Every Community Event that is posted here must be Dedham specific and be approved by the web administrators before becoming publicly available and displayed on our Community Event Calendar. The webmaster and/or Town Administration has the right to refuse postings which are deemed to be inappropriate or irrelevant without explanation.
Flag Day Parade
- Date: 06/17/2017 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Location: Memorial Field
130 Eastern Avenue
Dedham, Massachusetts 02026
- Introduction: Dedham's 2017 Flag Day Parade will take place on Saturday, June 17, starting at 5 p.m.
Dedham's 2017 Flag Day Parade will take place on Saturday, June 17, starting at 5 p.m.
This year is the 50th anniversary of the parade, so it's being held on Saturday, rather than Flag Day (June 14).
The parade route:
- Starts on East Street at Dedham Middle School,
- Proceeds down East street and left onto High Street,
- Follows high street into Dedham Square past the Community Theater,
- Turns right onto Washington Street,
- Turns right onto Harris Street,
- Proceeds down High Street to East Dedham,
- Turns right on Milton Street,
- Turns right onto Walnut Street,
- Turns left onto Oakdale Avenue,
- Turns right onto Sanderson Avenue,
- Turns right onto Mt. Vernon Street,
- Turns left onto Whiting Avenue
- Parade ends at Memorial Field.
The event will continue at Memorial Park at 7 p.m. with live music, refreshments, and a fireworks display. The fireworks should be visible from many areas in town. Fireworks should begin at dark, a little after 9 p.m.
If your organization would like to participate in the Parade, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department.