Thank you for your interest in employment with the Town of Dedham. As opportunities become available, they will be posted here.
The Town of Dedham is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.
All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply. Dedham is committed to America's veterans by providing opportunities for them to continue contributing after service to our nation. We also work to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
Disability Accessibility Accommodation
If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to: email@example.com or call 781-751-9121.
Any inquires not related to requesting an accommodation will be discarded.
Download the Application for Employment
Per Diem Civilian E-911 Dispatcher
- Type:Per Diem
- Salary/Pay Rate: $20.64/hr to $25.36/hr
- Posted Date:02/27/2018
TOWN OF DEDHAM - E911 DISPATCH CENTER
- High school diploma.
- One year experience in responsible position involving work with the public.
- Some communications experience helpful.
- Certified in enhanced 911 systems through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Certification in CPR, first aid, and police and fire dispatch.
- Certification by state Criminal History Systems Board
- LEAPS and PAMET certification.
Knowledge, Ability & Skill:
- Working knowledge of layout of Town and surrounding communities.
- Familiarity with related rules, regulations, orders, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing; ability to type and operate computer at efficient speed.
- Basic understanding of emergency operations and familiarity with Town By-Laws.
- Ability to learn communications systems’ techniques; handle emergency situations calmly, promptly and efficiently while under stress and think clearly in a crisis situation.
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and give clear directions over the radio and phone.
- Ability to attend to a number of details occurring simultaneously.
- Excellent communications skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives requests for routine, public safety and emergency services; dispatches safety, service and other appropriate personnel to calls as required; coordinates back-up support activities via radio.
- Determines priorities among calls for service; keeps supervisory personnel aware of priority calls and equipment status.
- Answers all incoming calls; receives pertinent information and provides assistance or makes referrals.
- Maintains constant and diligent monitoring of the radio system.
- Maintains police and fire incident reporting on computer-aided dispatching systems; performs data entry on computer to enter service calls ensuring that entries are concise and accurate.
- Updates files, and maintains accurate, detailed records, logs and other pertinent information.
- Communicates via telephone or radio with other agencies, such as utility companies, alarm services, ambulance companies, highway departments, towing agencies, hospitals, etc.
- Participates in training, developing competency in all phases of dispatching, including the operation of computer aided dispatch system.
- Performs similar or related work as required, or as situation dictates.
Submit resume and cover letter
to Miriam Johnson, Human Resources Director
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the employee application here.
The Town of Dedham is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer