Flag Day Parade is June 17!
Dedham's 2017 Flag Day Parade will take place on Saturday, June 17, starting at 5 p.m.
This year is the 50th anniversary of the parade, so it's being held on Saturday, rather than Flag Day (June 14).
The parade route:
- Starts on East Street at Dedham Middle School,
- Proceeds down East street and left onto High Street,
- Follows high street into Dedham Square past the Community Theater,
- Turns right onto Washington Street,
- Turns right onto Harris Street,
- Proceeds down High Street to East Dedham,
- Turns right on Milton Street,
- Turns right onto Walnut Street,
- Turns left onto Oakdale Avenue,
- Turns right onto Sanderson Avenue,
- Turns right onto Mt. Vernon Street,
- Turns left onto Whiting Avenue
- Parade ends at Memorial Field.
The event will continue at Memorial Park at 7 p.m. with live music, refreshments, and a fireworks display. The fireworks should be visible from many areas in town. Fireworks should begin at dark, a little after 9 p.m.
If your organization would like to participate in the Parade, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department.