Use the Icon below to access the Program Registration Page
Learn more about each of our recreation programs as well as other services that we provide below:
- Departments:Parks and Recreation
- Divisions:Recreation Programs & Services
Have you always wanted to grow your own food, but don't know where to start?
Join Dedham Recreation and the Environmental Department for "Dedham Grows", a gardening program with instruction from Green City Growers horticultural professionals. This is an 8-week course focused on growing food intensively in raised-beds. Participate hands-on in the garden while learning the skills necessary to work your own yard or community plot into an prolific edible landscape. Green City Growers will guide you through the progression of the garden, teaching you how to maintain and harvest successful crops. Other skills will include:
- How to choose the right location for your garden
- Intensive planting
- Choosing the right plants for your space
- Where to get quality seeds and plants
- Difference between using seeds and transplants
- Organic pest management
- Critter Management
- Soil quality
- And More!!!!
Classes are held on Saturdays during the Spring, Summer and Fall at the Dolan Recreation Center (269 Common Street).