Wetlands Protection Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

DEP Wetlands Applications

Wetland Permit Forms are located on the DEP website. Please ensure you are using the latest version of DEP applications by downloading the appropriate form from their webpage each time. Links below will redirect you to the DEP website.

Request for Determination of Applicability (RDA)

Notice of Intent (NOI)

All DEP Wetlands Permit Forms

Rules & Regulations

Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act (PDF) (Massachusetts General Law Chapter 131 40)

Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act Regulations (310 CMR 10)

Dedham's Conservation Commission Rules and Regulations


Wetland Protection

Preserving Dedham's wetlands, floodplains, and riverfronts is crucial to our unique natural environment, which, in turn, protects public interests such as flood control, stormwater damage protection, protection of drinking water supplies, and fisheries and wildlife habitats. View the Massachusetts Wetland Protection Act and regulations and understand that no person may "remove, fill, dredge, or alter" and of the land surface, water, or vegetation in wetland resource areas without obtaining a permit from the local Conservation Commission. Dedham also administers local Wetlands Bylaws and implements Wetlands Bylaw Regulations.
Any work within the wetlands, the 100-year floodplain, 200 feet of a perennial stream, or the 100-foot buffer zone to wetlands requires review and approval from the Conservation Commission. View the Certified Vernal Pools in Dedham on the Town’s Conservation Map showing approximate locations of wetlands, rivers, streams, and certified vernal pools in Dedham.

If you are planning any landscaping, clearing, filling, excavation, demolition, or construction within a wetland or floodplain, within the 100 foot buffer zone, or within 200 feet of the Charles River, Neponset River, Mother Brook, or other perennial stream, please contact the Conservation Department before you begin your project to determine if you will need a permit (whether or not the wetland resource area is on your property). View Dedham's Wetland Protection Act brochure for a homeowners guide to working near wetlands and streams.