Located on the second floor of Town Hall, the Finance Department includes Accounting, Treasurer/Collector, and Information Technology Services. The department:
Provides high quality financial, accounting, and administrative services, and
Enables Town departments to perform their missions more efficiently, effectively, and innovatively.
- Maintains all the financial records for the Town.
- Processes payroll and accounts payable for all Town and Dedham Public Schools departments.
- Collects all monies due to the Town including real estate, personal property and motor vehicle excise taxes.
- Oversees receipt, short-term investment, and disbursement of all Town funds.
- Maintains an integrated network of systems and information that connects all Town departments.
- Supports the various offices with connectivity, data availability, security and insight to relevant technologies.