Combined Planning Effort
In 2017, the Dedham Parks and Recreation Commission and the Open Space and Recreation Committee are combining efforts to develop a "Parks and Recreation and Open Space Master Plan and Open Space and Recreation Plan Update." The update is for the existing 2010 Open Space and Recreation Plan.
The goal of the project is to develop a mutually supported plan that provides guidance for future development and redevelopment and maintenance of the town’s parks, recreation programming, which also includes open space, trails, facilities, natural features and landscape. The Master Plan will:
- Guide policy development, delivery of services,
- Prioritize demands and opportunities,
- Generate a strategic action plan that will be updated every five (5) years.
- Support expansion opportunities for ground-breaking amenities by creating a facility and space needs assessment using population growth,
- Be rooted in innovative strategies including all-inclusive public engagement and cross-boundary/collaborative approaches.
- Seek to incorporate accessibility, environmental and conservation opportunities.
In addition, the findings from the Parks and Recreation and Open Space Master Plan will be incorporated into the Open Space and Recreation Plan Update. The update will focus on passive recreation and open space-related topics and include costs related to passive recreation and open space needs.
Visit theproject website to read background documents, view presentations, and contact the project managers.
Subscribe to updates about this project and other parks, recreation, and open space news on our eNotifications page.