|Annual Collection Schedule||My Government Services Application|
A map application that provides Dedham Residents quick and easy access to service information by street address.
Trash and Recycling Options
- View or download the Trash and Recycling Options page for more information.
- Single Stream Recycling: Single stream recycling was implemented in 2009. Single Stream recycling allows residents to combine ALL recyclables (paper, cardboard, bottles and cans) into one toter for pick-up.
- Additional Recycling Toter Requests: The Town is no longer accepting applications for additional recycling toters.
- Schedule: Recycling pick-up follows a bi-weekly schedule. Please refer to the annual trash and recycling calendar (downloadable at the top of this page) for details.
- Missed Pick-Ups: Call Waste Management at 800-972-4545.
Trash / Solid Waste Pick-Up
- Waste Management: The Town has contracted with Waste Management for curbside pickup. They can be reached at 800-972-4545.
- Schedule: Trash pick-up follows a weekly schedule. Please refer to the annual trash and recycling calendar (downloadable at the top of this page) for details. Trash must be placed out before 7:00 AM on your trash day. Trash or recycling may not be placed out prior to 5:00 PM on the previous night.
- Additional Trash Toter Requests: The Town is no longer accepting applications for additional trash toters.
Yard Waste Pick-Up
- Schedule: Yard waste is collected bi-weekly, on recycling day, on a seasonal basis according to the annual trash and recycling calendar (downloadable at the top of this page). Collection is performed by Waste Management.
- What is accepted?: Leaves, grass and other easily raked material. Branches and small brush must be less than 1' in diameter and cut into 4' lengths, bundled and tied. Branches larger than that should still be cut down and disposed of through a private contractor.
- What do we need to do?: Place items in paper yard bags (available for purchase at grocery & home improvement stores) or loose in open barrels, curbside. Do not mix yard waste and household items. No Plastic Bags.
Bulky Item / White Goods Pick-Up
- Schedule a Pick-Up: Please call Waste Management at 800-972-4545 and a pick-up date will be provided. Please put items curbside day of scheduled pick up.
- Rules: Residents are allowed one bulky item per week (examples: table, chair, mattress, etc.).
Simple Recycling is a convenient curbside collection program for clothing, shoes & accessories. Pink bags can be obtained by calling 866-835-5068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org https://simplerecycling.com/curbside-clothing-recycling
Other Recycling Drop-Off
- Recycling Events: Recycling Events are typically held by the Sustainability Advisory Committee twice per year. These events will be posted on the online calendar with details about what will be accepted once they are scheduled.
- Other Recycling Drop off locations for numerous electronics, batteries, CFL's, mattresses, linens and more are listed on the Environmental Department's Recycling page.
Recycling Food & Water
- Compost Bins: Earth Machine Compost bins are available for purchase each spring through the Environmental Department. To Purchase: Please contact the Environmental Department
- What can be composted? Almost everything in your kitchen and yard can be composted; fruit and vegetable scraps, coffee grounds, tea bags, egg shells, grass clippings, leaves, plant trimmings, cut flowers, and more. More on Composting...
- Rain Barrels: Save useful rain water and conserve drinking water while saving money on your water bill. Rain Barrels are available for purchase from the Dedham Westwood Water District.
Hazardous Waste Collection
Collection of hazardous waste is handled by the Health Department, with special days and times for collection. Please contact the Health Department for more information on upcoming collection events.