|Annual Collection Schedule||My Government Services Application|
A map application that provides Dedham Residents quick and easy access to service information by street address.
- Single Stream Recycling: Single stream recycling was implemented in 2009. Single Stream recycling allows residents to combine ALL recyclables (paper, cardboard, bottles and cans) into one toter for pick-up.
- Additional Recycling Toter Requests: You may request one additional toter free of charge using the YourGov citizen request system. Click here to learn more about YourGov or go to directly to YourGov.
- Schedule: Recycling pick-up follows a bi-weekly schedule. Please refer to the annual trash and recycling calendar (downloadable at the top of this page) for details.
- Missed Pick-Ups: Call Waste Management at 800-972-4545.
Trash / Solid Waste Pick-Up
- Waste Management: The Town has contracted with Waste Management for curbside pickup. They can be reached at 800-972-4545.
- Schedule: Trash pick-up follows a weekly schedule. Please refer to the annual trash and recycling calendar (downloadable at the top of this page) for details. Trash must be placed out before 7:00 AM on your trash day. Trash or recycling may not be placed out prior to 5:00 PM on the previous night.
- Additional Trash Toter Requests: The Town is no longer accepting applications for additional trash toters.
Yard Waste Pick-Up
- Schedule: Yard waste is collected bi-weekly, on recycling day, on a seasonal basis according to the annual trash and recycling calendar (downloadable at the top of this page). Collection is performed by Waste Management.
- What is accepted?: Leaves, grass and other easily raked material. Branches and small brush must be less than 1' in diameter and cut into 4' lengths, bundled and tied. Branches larger than that should still be cut down and disposed of through a private contractor.
- What do we need to do?: Place items in paper yard bags (available for purchase at grocery & home improvement stores) or loose in open barrels, curbside. Do not mix yard waste and household items. No Plastic Bags.
Bulky Item / White Goods Pick-Up
- Schedule a Pick-Up: Please call Waste Management at 800-972-4545 and a pick-up date will be provided. Please put items curbside day of scheduled pick up.
- Rules: Residents are allowed one bulky item per week (examples: table, chair, mattress, etc.).
Transfer Station Drop-Off
- Location: The Dedham Transfer Station / Dump is located at: 5 Incinerator Road, Dedham, MA 02026. Phone: (781) 326-8800
- Hours: The hours of operation are: Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM & Saturday, 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Free Resident Drop-Off Rules: Residents can drop off household waste for free each Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Limit: No more than 3 bags or barrels weighing 50 pounds each (additional waste can be dropped off for a fee). All passenger automobiles and non-commercial pickup trucks are allowed. Drivers license and Massachusetts registration required.
- Mercury Recovery Program: The Transfer Station accepts items containing mercury on Saturdays ONLY between 9 AM and 12 PM at the mercury shed located in the upper portion of the lot, near the building.
- Please Note: The Disposal of Hazardous Waste, Liquid Waste or Special Waste, Including Asbestos, is Strictly Prohibited at this Facility
Other Recycling Drop-Off
- Recycling Events: Recycling Events are typically held by the Sustainability Advisory Committee twice per year. These events will be posted on the online calendar with details about what will be accepted once they are scheduled.
- Other Recycling Drop off locations for numerous electronics, batteries, CFL's, mattresses, linens and more are listed on the Environmental Department's Recycling page.
Recycling Food & Water
- Compost Bins: Earth Machine Compost bins are available for purchase each spring through the Environmental Department. To Purchase: Please contact the Environmental Department
- What can be composted? Almost everything in your kitchen and yard can be composted; fruit and vegetable scraps, coffee grounds, tea bags, egg shells, grass clippings, leaves, plant trimmings, cut flowers, and more. More on Composting...
- Rain Barrels: Save useful rain water and conserve drinking water while saving money on your water bill. Rain Barrels are available for purchase from the Dedham Westwood Water District.
Hazardous Waste Collection
Collection of hazardous waste is handled by the Health Department, with special days and times for collection. Please contact the Health Department for more information on upcoming collection events.
See the Trash & Recycling FAQ's.