The Treasurer's Office:
- Receives all monies which come into the town;
- Pays all bills, including payroll;
- Works with the Assessors, Collector's, and Comptroller's departments to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of Town finances.
In addition, the Treasurer:
- Is responsible for investing the Town's funds in accordance with guidelines imposed by Chapter 44, Section 55 of Massachusetts General Laws.
- Does all short- and long-term borrowing which Town Meeting has authorized, with the approval of the Board of Selectmen.
- Works with the Selectmen and the Commissioners of Trust Funds to administer the Town's trust funds, which total about $2 million
- Manages the Town's property which is in Tax Title or Foreclosure. Delinquent property is turned over to the Treasurer annually, when the Collector does a tax taking (puts a lien on the property).
The Tax Collector is responsible for the collection of all billed receivables for the town of Dedham. These include but are not limited to:
- Municipal Lien Certificates
- Personal Property Taxes
- Real Estate Taxes
- Motor Vehicle/Boat Excise Taxes
- Sewer Use Fees
Use the Online Payment Page to pay real estate, personal property, sewer and motor vehicle excise bills through a service called InvoiceCloud.