Located on the second floor of Town Hall, the Treasurer/Collector:
- Receives all monies which come into the Town.
- Pays all bills, including payroll.
- Works with the Assessors, Collector's, and Comptroller's departments to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of Town finances.
- Collects all billed receivables for the Town of Dedham. Use the Online Payment Page to pay your bills!
The Treasurer's Office:
- Is responsible for investing the Town's funds in accordance with guidelines imposed by Chapter 44, Section 55 of Massachusetts General Laws.
- Does all short- and long-term borrowing which Town Meeting has authorized, with the approval of the Board of Selectmen.
- Manages the Town's property which is in Tax Title or Foreclosure. Delinquent property is turned over to the Treasurer annually, when the Collector does a tax taking (puts a lien on the property).
The Tax Collector is responsible for the collection of all billed receivables for the Town of Dedham. These include but are not limited to:
- Municipal Lien Certificates
- Personal Property Taxes
- Real Estate Taxes
- Motor Vehicle/Boat Excise Taxes
- Sewer Use Fees
Board and Committee Work
The Treasurer works with the Board of Selectmen and the Commissioners of Trust Funds to administer the Town's trust funds. All short and long term borrowing is authorized by Town Meeting as well as the Board of Selectmen.
When to Contact us
Contact us with any questions about paying a bill to the Town of Dedham. Please note that most bills can conveniently be paid online by visiting our Online Payment Page.