There are often times various opportunities available, which may correspond with your expertise and/or interest. Terms of office vary, and are described on each board, commission or committee page. View the Boards & Committee Vacancies Page to view information on current vacancies.
- Board of Assessors: Oversees the annual valuation of real estate and personal property within the Town for taxation purposes.
- Board of Health: Formulates and enforces rules and regulations to protect the environment and public health.
- Board of Library Trustees: Maintain the two public libraries in Town—the Main branch on Church St and the Endicott branch on Mt. Vernon St.
- Board of Selectmen: Serve as the chief executive office of the Town, formulating policy directives and guidelines for all Town agencies, oversees licensing, and makes appointments to Town offices, boards, and committees.
- Building, Planning & Construction Committee: Evaluates Town buildings and determines the need for constructing new buildings, or renovating or adding onto existing buildings.
- Bylaw Review Committee: Reviews amendments that are to be considered by Town Meeting and makes recommendations on them.
- Capital Expenditures Committee: makes recommendations on improving Town-owned buildings and allocates funds for Town projects and studies.
- Civic Pride Committee: Promotes civic pride and works to preserve and beautify public spaces.
- Coalition for Drug & Alcohol Awareness: Works to educate and involve the community in preventing and addressing substance abuse.
- Commission on Disability: Advocates to improve access for persons with disabilities in commercial and public buildings, playgrounds, and schools.
- Commissioners of Trust Funds: Manage and control funds given to the Town for the use of those funds in various scholarship, charity, and memorial trusts.
- Conservation Commission: Protects wetlands, related water resources, and adjoining land areas.
- Council on Aging Board: Works to address the concerns and needs of aging residents.
- Cultural Council: Supports artistic projects and activities, and works with their state counterparts to secure distribute funds for the arts.
- Design Review Advisory Board: Provides information, recommendations, and professional design review of proposed buildings and signage.
- East Dedham Revitalization Committee: Studies and proposes ways to improve the economic landscape, land uses, and treatment of natural and cultural resources of East Dedham village.
- Endicott Estate Commission: Maintains one of the Town's most prominent historic buildings, the Endicott Estate.
- Finance & Warrant Committee: One of the most important voices on Town finances which makes recommendations on all Town financial matters, most notably the budget.
- Historic Districts Commission / Historical Commission: Oversees historic preservation, contextual compliance, and design review within the Town's designated local historic districts.
- Housing Authority: Provides housing assistance to low-income residents through State and Federal programs.
- Human Rights Commission: Supports the human rights of groups, organizations, and individuals against discrimination in housing, employment, education, public accommodations, town services, insurance, banking, credit and health care.
- Open Space & Recreation Committee: Oversees open space in Town and keeps the Town current with State requirements for open space or recreation plans and with opportunities and eligibility for State funding.
- Parks & Recreation Commission: Promotes physical education, play, recreation, sport and other programs for people of all ages.
- Planning Board: Studies and plans for the needs of the Town for current and future development and land use.
- Public Service Recognition Committee: Recognizes citizens whose actions exemplify the spirit of public service with an annual award.
- School Building Rehabilitation Committee: Oversees and supervises the design, construction, reconstruction, major alteration, renovation, enlargement, major maintenance, demolition, and removal of Dedham Public Schools' buildings.
- School Committee: Oversees Dedham's public schools by appointing leadership, reviewing and approving budgets, and setting school education goals and policies.
- Sustainability Advisory Committee: Advises the Board of Selectmen on strategies for advancing local commitment to renewable energy.
- Town Meeting: 270 Dedham residents are tasked each spring and fall with representing the townspeople and acting as a lawmaking body. Members are elected by the voting precinct they reside in.
- Transportation Advisory Committee: Reviews Traffic Calming Request Forms to determine if they are eligible for potential traffic calming measures.
- Youth Commission: Supports students and young people and provides recreational and health programming.
- Zoning Board of Appeals: Hears challenges to decisions made by the Building Commissioner or the Planning Board.
|Board of Selectmen||08/29/2019 6:30 pm||Not Included|
|Conservation Commission||09/05/2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm||Not Included|
|Parks and Recreation Commission||09/09/2019 7:00 pm - 9:59 pm||Not Included|
|Design Review Advisory Board||09/11/2019 7:00 pm||Not Included|
|Planning Board||09/12/2019 7:00 pm||Not Included|
|Planning Board||09/16/2019 6:30 pm||Not Included|
|Park and Recreation Commission||09/16/2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm||Not Included|
|Zoning Board of Appeals||09/18/2019 7:00 pm||Not Included|
|Conservation Commission||09/19/2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm||Not Included|
|Design Review Advisory Board||10/02/2019 7:00 pm||Not Included|
|Conservation Commission||10/03/2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm||Not Included|
|Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day||10/05/2019 9:00 am - 12:00 pm||Not Included|
|Planning Board||10/10/2019 7:00 pm||Not Included|
|Park and Recreation Commission||10/15/2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm||Not Included|
|Zoning Board of Appeals||10/16/2019 7:00 pm||Not Included|
|Conservation Commission||10/17/2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm||Not Included|
|Planning Board||10/24/2019 7:00 pm||Not Included|
|Design Review Advisory Board||11/06/2019 7:00 pm||Not Included|
|Conservation Commission||11/07/2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm||Not Included|
|Planning Board||11/14/2019 7:00 pm||Not Included|