The Facilities and Maintenance Department provides custodial services and maintenance support to all town municipal buildings, and the Dedham Public Schools’ buildings. The department is also responsible for capital improvement projects, purchasing, accounts payable, energy usage monitoring, environmental sustainability, building code and regulatory compliance, landscaping, and sidewalk snow removal outside of the buildings and schools.
Department Mission Statement
The mission of the Facilities and Maintenance Department is to provide for, and ensure three basic principles: Safety, Cleanliness, and Comfort with Efficiency, for all Town and School buildings. The Facilities and Maintenance Department is a customer-oriented department and must treat all building users with respect and dignity while providing the best available service in the most cost effective way.
Facilities and Maintenance Department's Duties and Responsibilities
- Custodial Services: The Facilities staff provides daily, periodic, and seasonal cleaning following the Custodial Guidelines outlined in the Department’s handbook. Daily forms are used for quality assurance.
- Maintenance Services: The Department’s maintenance staff provides daily, routine maintenance in addition to a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for all electrical and mechanical systems.
- Budget & Project Management: The Facilities and Maintenance Department manages both operating and capital improvement budgets. Department staff, in most cases, procures and manages projects using in-house staff. When construction projects are outsourced, the Department still manages the project in order to ensure both quality and cost effectiveness.
- Energy Management Systems (EMS): The Department monitors and manages the Town’s EMS to ensure best practices for energy conservation are implemented and used.
- Contracted Services Management: The Facilities and Maintenance Department manages all contracted services, and processes payments for them. These include: Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Emergency Generators, Fire Alarms, Elevators and Lifts, among others. All work done by service providers is monitored by the Department to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Miscellaneous Projects & Services: The Facilities & Maintenance Department is responsible for leasing spaces to telecommunication companies, custodial services for school and non-school events, sporting events, town meetings, and more.
- The Department is also responsible for the maintenance and operation of street lights throughout the town.
Denise Moroney- Director of Facilities & Maintenance
Town of Dedham
100 Whiting Avenue
Dedham MA 02026