The following parks are under the care of the Parks & Recreation Department:
- Barnes Memorial Park on Eastern Avenue (14.7 Acres)
- Condon Park Bussey St (7.2 Acres)
- Paul Park Cedar Street (2.9 Acres)
- Fairbanks Park Rustcraft Road (14.2 Acres)
- Churchill Park Churchill Place (1.6 Acres)
- Dedham Common (4 Acres)
- Gerish Park
- Whiting Triangle
- Hartnett Square
- Oakdale Square
- East Dedham Passive Park
The following School fields are maintained by the Parks & Recreation Department:
- Riverdale School field
- Oakdale School field
- Capen School field
- Greenlodge School field
- Robert Stanley, the full time Parks and Recreation Director, administers the Recreation Programs and supervises the full-time Parks Department employees;
- Debbie Anderson is the full time Parks and Recreation Assistant Director and oversees Recreation Programs along with day to day operations.
- Erin MacDonald is the Adminstrative Associate and Program Coordinator responsible for implementation of programs and handles all the clerical work within the two departments and assists the Director.
The Park Department consists of one full time foreman three full time operators and eight part time laborers with work from April to October.
The Recreation Department consists of 60-70 part time workers including the pool staff.
The Department in conjunction with the Flag Day Committee runs the annual Flag Day Parade on June 14th. The Parks and Recreation Department also works with the Friends of Dedham Recreation and the Friends of The Dedham Pool to run the annual Dedham Day in October at the Memorial Park. The Parks and Recreation Department also works with the Police Department to run the annual Bike Rodeo at St Mary's parking lot.
Parks and Recreation Director
Parks and Recreation Assistant Director
Administrative Associate & Program Coordinator
To visit the Page of the Parks and Recreation Commission Click Here