Summary of Responsibilities
Provides guidance to department managers on budget, systems, materials management, cost controls and office management systems.
Assists the Commissioner of Public Works and other department heads in:
- The preparation of the operating and capital budgets.
- Review of appropriations reports distributed by the Comptroller, identifies potential cost overruns and initiates remedial action.
- The developing of bid specifications.
- The reviewing of bids and proposals received, and the recommendation of contract awards.
- The monitoring of contract compliance.
The preparation of local, state and federal report forms, surveys and certain state and federal reimbursement forms.
Procurement activities related to electrical energy supply to Town buildings and street lights, analysis of street light acquisition operations and analysis of aggregation opportunities for Dedham residents.