Food Pantry remains open with some operational changes
The following message was submitted by the Dedham Food Pantry:
The Dedham Food Pantry remains open to provide food to those Dedham residents in need during its usual hours of operation. This includes residents who have been laid off because of business closures related to Covid 19. We understand that while some people who are laid off have sufficient financial resources for the period that they are out of work, others do not. No one should be concerned about their ability to feed themselves or their family during this crisis. Any Dedham resident that is concerned about their finances should feel free to come to the Pantry.
New clients who are out of work and who need food assistance due to lack of income can simply come to the Pantry on Saturdays from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Please bring proof of residency.
The Pantry will be doing a few things differently to limit the exposure of our clients and volunteers:
- Clients will be provided with pre-packaged bags of food rather than being able to select their own items, as we have traditionally done.
- We will not be accepting teenage volunteers.
- We ask that only one person per household come to the Pantry. If possible, clients should leave children at home.
- Clients arriving by car will be asked to wait in their car until we bring food to them and to opening their trunk or hatch to alert us that they are waiting.
- Clients will be handed food outside of the Pantry and asked not to come inside the Pantry.
The Pantry recognizes that some clients will be quarantined with the virus or asked to self-quarantine. If you are quarantined and in need of food, please call or email the Pantry with your information. The Pantry will attempt to deliver food to the door of our clients who cannot get out
Location: On the north side of the Dedham Plaza. See map.
- 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturdays.
- Hours for senior-only shopping: 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month.
For more information:
- Visit our web site.
- Call and leave a message at 781-269-1541.
- Email the Pantry's manager.
- Find us on Facebook @DedhamFoodPantry.
As always, the Pantry appreciates financial donations. We are not accepting food donations at this time due to the inability to determine if containers have come in contact with the virus.