Located in the William H. Dunn Public Works Facility at 55 River Street, the Public Works Department (DPW):
- Oversees recycling and solid waste disposal.
- Manages construction on public ways, including pothole repairs, line painting, and sidewalk maintenance.
- Ensures the proper operation of traffic signals, street lights, and street signs.
- Removes snow and treats icy roads during winter months.
- Plants and prunes public shade trees.
We strive to provide efficient and pleasant customer service, whether you email us, call the office, or chat with a DPW staff member working in your neighborhood.
You can report non-emergency issues and service requests by submitting a service request form. Visit our Service Request page for more information.
When to Contact us
Please contact DPW with concerns about trash and recycling (including pick-up), road and sidewalk maintenance, traffic signals, street lights, street signs, snow removal, or the treatment of public shade trees.