Watch local coronavirus updates Fridays on DedhamTV
The weekly public service announcement can also be viewed on demand.
03/30/2020 10:37 am
COVID-19 Update: Fields and basketball courts closed
All Town parks, baseball fields, and basketball courts are closed through April 7. Public walking paths, trails and tracks remain open for recreational use.
03/26/2020 1:00 pm
Update on positive COVID-19 cases in Dedham
The patients have been isolated and will continue to be monitored according to public health guidelines.
03/24/2020 5:50 pm
Located on the second floor of Town Hall, the Town Manager:
Serves as the Town’s chief administrative officer, reporting to the five elected members of the Board of Selectmen.
Acts as the Town’s chief procurement officer.
- Administers the Town personnel system, appoints most department heads, and negotiates collective bargaining agreements with Town employee unions.
- Prepares and presents the Town’s annual operating budget and proposed capital outlay program.
Board and Committee Work
The Town Manager is directly accountable to the Board of Selectmen, and works with all other boards and committees as they relate to the day-to-day operations of the Town. In addition to staffing that board, the Town Manager's Office works directly and frequently with the following boards and committees:
- Building, Planning, & Construction Committee
- Bylaw Review Committee
- Capital Expenditures Committee
- Cultural Council
- East Dedham Revitalization Committee
- Historic Districts Commission / Historical Commission
- School Building Rehabilitation Committee
When to Contact us
The Town Manager's Office acts in a way as the main office of Town Hall, helping to direct residents and businesses to appropriate departments for different issues.
The office itself may provide general information about the Town, information about Board of Selectmen meetings, self-help, insurance and workman's compensation claims, the Aggregation Electricity Program, CodeRED community notifications, and dog hearings for residents.
For businesses, the Town Manager oversees liquor licensing, common victual licensing, and bidding.