Planning for the way land can be used in town is crucial to the quality of life.
- Planning Board: Studies and plans for the needs of the Town for current and future development and land use.
- Conservation Commission: Protects wetlands, related water resources, and adjoining land areas.
- Design Review Advisory Board: Provides information, recommendations, and professional design review of proposed buildings and signage.
- Historic Districts Commission / Historical Commission: Oversees historic preservation, contextual compliance, and design review within the Town's designated local historic districts.
- Zoning Board of Appeals: Hears challenges to decisions made by the Building Commissioner or the Planning Board.