The Town of Dedham provides a number of services for residents and business owners to take advantage of, and others that are vital aspects of town life. This section of the website explains, in common terms, what those services are and who residents and business owners should contact regarding them.
Below is a list of categories these services fall under with short descriptions. Please note that, while these categories may share similar names to categories found in the Government section of this website, these categories are namely separate from those ones.
- Animals & Pets: Animal Control by the Dedham Police Department, licensing pet dogs, information about town dog parks, and wildlife concerns.
- Elections & Voting: How to register to vote, how and when to vote absentee or early, where to vote.
- FAQs: A comprehensive list of answers to questions frequently asked of Town employees.
- Health & Human Services: Charitable organizations, public housing, public transportation, senior needs, youth programming, and veterans’ services.
- Land Use, Planning, & Zoning: Code enforcement, mapping, property tax assessment, and zoning regulations
- Licenses & Permits: A comprehensive guide to mandated licensing and permitting for bazaars, buildings, businesses, dogs, land use, liqour, marriage, raffles, and tents.
- Public Safety: Emergency communications, emergency preparedness, emergency services data, fire prevention, and public safety issues information.
- Records: Vital records (birth, marriage, and death), comprehensive Town financial records, and other Town records.
- Recreation: Local recreation programming and youth sports organizations.
- Recycling & Trash: Pick-up information and concerns about dumping and yard waste.
- Streets & Infrastructure: Road construction updates, extreme weather preparation, parking regulations and locations, septic and sewer systems, water district, and reporting an issue.
- Subscribe: Our eNotification feature allows you to subscribe to the types of updates that are relevant to you.