The community has an extensive number of programs and services for people struggling economically, those seeking affordable housing, those struggling with addiction, seniors, young people, and veterans.
- Dedham Food Pantry: Services adults, children, senior citizens with limited or no income, families who cannot qualify for food stamps, those recently unemployed, or folks who simply have fallen on hard times.
- Public Housing: The Dedham Housing Authority provides housing assistance to low-income residents through State and Federal programs.
- Senior Services: The Dedham Council on Aging provides programming, consultations, needs assessments, home visits and many other services for seniors.
- Senior Transportation: The Dedham Council on Aging operates daily shuttles to help seniors get to and from medical appointments, grocery stores, and other errands.
- Substance Abuse Programs: The Town is dedicated to addressing issues of alcohol and drug abuse, with the Coalition for Alcohol & Drug Awareness working to raise awareness and provide resources to those struggling with addiction.
- Veterans Services: The Dedham Department of Veterans Services helps to guide veterans with their benefits and coordinates memorial activities for them.
- Youth Programs: The Dedham Youth Commission sponsors programs for children's development, entertainment, health, and well-being.