Through the Building Department, Town Clerk's Office, Town Manager's Office, and the Department of Planning & Zoning, you may obtain the proper licenses, permits, and certificates for certain aspects of life in Dedham.
- Building & Construction Permits: Apply for building and construction permits in person at the Building Department. Download necessary forms ahead of time from the Building Department webpage.
- Business Certificates: Business Certificates are mandated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and any person conducting a business in Dedham, individually or as a partnership, under any title or name other than their own name, must file a business certificate with the Town Clerk.
- Dog Licenses: Once you have adopted a dog, your dog must be licensed by six months of age or older with the Town Clerk.
- Marriage Licenses: Marriages licenses in Dedham are done by appointment only and can be scheduled by calling the Town Clerk's office.
- Planning & Zoning: Necessary paperwork for DRAB, the Planning Board, and ZBA for review of subdivision and site plans.
- Raffle and Bazaar Licenses: Before conducting a raffle, state law requires the organization to obtain a raffle/bazaar permit from the Town Clerk where the raffle is going to be held.