Various Town departments oversee the issuance of certificates, licenses, and permits, as described below.
- Building & Construction Permits: Apply for demolition, building, and construction permits in person at the Building Department. Note that some projects require review by Planning & Zoning and Conservation departments. Call ahead to inquire. You can also download application forms ahead of time.
- Business Certificates: Business Certificates are mandated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Any person conducting business in Dedham should file a business certificate with the Town Clerk.
- Dog Licenses: Dogs age six months and over must be licenses annually through the Town Clerk's office.
- Marriage Licenses: Marriages licenses are issued by appointment only. Contact the Town Clerk's office.
- Planning & Zoning: Applications for real estate development projects, commercial signage, new buildings and renovations requiring site plans or zoning review, new subdivisions, etc.
- Raffle and Bazaar Licenses: State law requires organizations to obtain a raffle/bazaar permit from the Town Clerk in the municipality where the raffle will be held.