|Annual Collection Schedule||My Government Services Application|
A map application that provides Dedham Residents quick and easy access to service information by street address.
- Single Stream Recycling: Single Stream recycling allows residents to combine ALL recyclables (paper, cardboard, bottles and cans) into one cart for collection.
- Additional Recycling Cart Requests: The Town is no longer accepting applications for additional recycling carts.
- Schedule: Recycling collection follows a bi-weekly schedule. Please refer to the annual trash and recycling calendar (downloadable at the top of this page) for details.
- Missed Collections: Call Waste Management at 800-972-4545.
Solid Waste (Trash) Collection
- Waste Management: The Town has contracted with Waste Management for curbside collection. They can be reached at 800-972-4545.
- Schedule: Trash collection follows a weekly schedule. Please refer to the annual trash and recycling calendar (downloadable at the top of this page) for details. Trash must be placed at the curb by 7:00 AM on your trash day.
- Additional Trash Cart Requests: The Town is no longer accepting applications for additional trash carts. Overflow bags are available for purchase at local retailers for excess household rubbish.
- Overflow Bags - Excess Household Trash:
The Town has contracted with WasteZero and Waste Management to provide an option for residents to dispose of excess household trash. Residents should place trash into their standard trash cart however trash that does not fit into the cart can be placed in official overflow bag(s) next to the trash cart for collection on your regularly scheduled collection day.
The official Town of Dedham overflow bags are 30 gallon capacity, yellow bags with the Town seal. Only official overflow bags will be collected. Overflow bags are for excess household trash only. Bags will not be collected if they contain recycling, construction debris, or yard waste.
Overflow bags are $2.00/each and are sold in sleeves of five. As of this date, official bags are available for purchase at the following local retailers:
Star Market 795 Providence Highway
Stop & Shop 160 Providence Highway
Terri’s Market 12 Louise Road
7-11 77 Cedar Street
Yard Waste Collection
- Schedule: Yard waste is collected bi-weekly, on recycling day, on a seasonal basis according to the annual trash and recycling calendar (downloadable at the top of this page).
- What is accepted?: Leaves, grass and other easily raked material. Branches and small brush must be less than 1' in diameter and cut into 4' lengths, bundled and tied. Branches larger than that should still be cut down and disposed of through a private contractor.
- What do we need to do?: Place items in paper yard bags (available for purchase at grocery & home improvement stores) or loose in open barrels, curbside. Do not mix yard waste and household items. No Plastic Bags.
Bulky Item / White Goods Collection
- Schedule a Collection: Please call Waste Management at 800-972-4545 and a collection date will be provided.
- Rules: Residents are allowed one bulky item per week (examples: table, chair, mattress, etc.).
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, Simple Recycling will not resume curbside collection of textiles in Dedham.
Other Recycling Drop-Off
- Recycling Events: Recycling Events are typically held by the Sustainability Advisory Committee twice per year. These events will be posted on the online calendar with details about what will be accepted once they are scheduled.
- Other Recycling Drop off locations for numerous electronics, batteries, CFL's, mattresses, linens and more are listed on the Environmental Department's Recycling page.
Recycling Food & Water
- Compost Bins: Earth Machine Compost bins are available for purchase each spring through the Environmental Department. Please contact the Environmental Department to purchase.
- What can be composted? Almost everything in your kitchen and yard can be composted; fruit and vegetable scraps, coffee grounds, tea bags, egg shells, grass clippings, leaves, plant trimmings, cut flowers, and more. More on Composting...
- Rain Barrels: Save useful rain water and conserve drinking water while saving money on your water bill. Rain Barrels are available for purchase from the Dedham Westwood Water District.
Hazardous Waste Collection
Collection of hazardous waste is handled by the Health Department, with special days and times for collection. Please contact the Health Department for more information on upcoming collection events.