Service updates from all departments will be updated regularly.
Appeals: If you are filing an appeal to a decision of the Planning Board or Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA), please call the Town Clerk's office, (781) 751-9200, and make an appointment. An office staff member will meet you at the door of Town Hall to certify the date of the filing. Appeals must be handed to staff; do not leave them in the drop box. See the ZBA appeal procedure.
Birth certificates: Request copies by mail or leave a written request in the drop box at the rear entrance of Town Hall. Download the records request form. Please include the completed form, date of birth, a $10 check payable to the Town of Dedham, and the mailing address for delivery.
Building, Plumbing, Gas, and Electrical inspections: Inspectors are performing inspections in the field at this time using strict safety protocols. Please read our COVID-19 Procedures page.
Building permits: The Building Department is accepting applications by mail for all Building, Mechanical, Sign, Plumbing, Gas Fitting and Electrical permits. Please mail applications to: Building Dept. P.O. Box 306, Dedham, MA 02027. All applications must include a check made payable to the Town of Dedham in the amount for the permit fee. If you have questions about the fee please call us at (781) 751-9180 during business hours. The fee schedule is complicated, so please ask questions. Please read our COVID-19 Procedures page.
Credit Union: The Dedham Town Employees Credit Union is closed to the public. Staff will be in the office 10 a.m. to 1 p.m on Wednesday and Friday to receive calls, process mail, and perform other work. To requesting a check withdrawal, please call (781) 326-8068 and leave a message. Someone will respond as soon as possible. You may also fax requests to (781) 326-4057.
Death certificates: Request copies by mail or leave a written request in the drop box at the rear entrance of Town Hall. Download the records request form. Please include the completed form, date of death, a $10 check payble to the Town of Dedham, and the mailing address for delivery.
Design Review Advisory Board (DRAB): If would like to file an application and/or have questions, please email Planning Director Jeremy Rosenberger or call (781) 751-9241. The department is encouraging potential applicants to delay any filings unless absolutely necessary.
Dog licenses: The deadline for dog licenses has been extended until June 1. Dog licensing may be completed by mail or leave a written request in the drop box at the rear entrance of Town Hall. Requests must include a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate showing the expiration date and proof of spaying/neutering (if applicable and not already on file), a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and a check payable to the Town of Dedham. Fees are $10 for a spayed or neutered dog, $15 otherwise.
Elections: The Select board has voted to postpone the April 11th Town election to a date still to be determined. A reverse 911 call will be made to announce the new election date.
Emergencies: Dial 911. When to use 911.
- To fill out a Notice of Intention of Marriage, please call (781) 751-9200 or email Paul Munchbach to schedule an appointment.
- Request marriage license copies by mail or leave a written request in the drop box at the rear entrance of Town Hall. Download the records request form. Please include the completed form, date of marriage, a $10 check payable to the Town of Dedham, and the mailing address for delivery. Please see the Town Clerk's web page and download an order form.
Nomination papers may picked up or dropped off curbside at Town Hall. State office candidates' nomination papers must be received (not just postmarked) by the due date on the form. To submit nomination papers for certification:
- Call (781) 751-9200 or email Paul Munchbach to schedule an appointment.
- Mail the papers (if not deadline sensitive) to Town Clerk, 26 Bryant Street, Dedham, MA 02026. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope. We advise candidates to use a mail tracking service to ensure timely delivery.
- Place the papers in an envelope. Include your name, phone number, e-mail address, and mailing address. Leave the envelope in the drop box next to the rear door of Town Hall before the deadline. A receipt will be e-mailed to you.
Planning Board: If would like to file an application and/or have questions, please email Planning Director Jeremy Rosenberger or call (781) 751-9241. The department is encouraging potential applicants to delay any filings unless absolutely necessary.
Public Safety departments continue to be fully staffed.
Recycling & Trash: Recycling and trash collection will continue as scheduled. Yard waste collections begin the week of April 20. Download the 2020 schedule. For missed pick-ups, please call Waste Management at (800) 972-4545.
Senior Center: Council on Aging (COA) staff are available to help by phone, including arranging rides for shopping or medical appointments and other services. Please call (781) 326-1650. For residents seeking a way to help seniors, the COA is asking that you check on your elderly neighbors by phone. For seniors, social isolation can be particularly detrimental to social and emotional health.
Sign & banner permits: Businesses that would like to post supplemental signage to customers about changes to their hours or operations, please contact the Building Department. To help businesses during this state of emergency, the Town can allow some flexibility with regards to the Sign Code.
State services: Dial 211 to call the statewide hotline, or visit mass211.org.
Stormwater and Wetlands Permits: If you have any questions or are planning to file a Request for Determination of Applicability, Notice of Intent, or Major Stormwater Management Permit, please contact Conservation Agent Elissa Brown, (781) 751-9211, or Administrator Renee Johnson, (781) 781-9210. For new and continued applications, please:
- Submit one hardcopy by mail or in the drop box by the rear door of Town Hall, and
- Email a PDF of all documents submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Absentee & Early Voting: To vote absentee or to vote early by mail, please download the appropriate form.
- Voter Registration: Under proposed legislation, residents age 18 years and older can register 10 days prior to the new election date. Please mail in a voter registration form or apply online. Download the voter registration form.
Zoning Board of Appeals: If would like to file an application and/or have questions, please email Planning Director Jeremy Rosenberger or call (781) 751-9241. The department is encouraging potential applicants to delay any filings unless absolutely necessary.
How to pay excise tax and sewer bills while Town Hall is closed.
- Pay online.
Please note that financial institutions charge convenience fees for electronic "automated clearing house" (ACH) payments. Payments via bank accounts incur a $.40 fee; credit card payments incur a 2.95% fee. No fees go the Town.
- Mail a check and the remit slip in the envelope provided with your bill.
- Mail a Bill Payer check from your personal financial institution to Town Hall, 26 Bryant St., Dedham, MA 02026.
- Drop off a check with the remit slip in the secure drop-box at the rear entrance of Town Hall. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope if a receipt is needed.
Delinquent and Lost Bills
For lost excise, sewer, real estate, and personal property bills, please call (781) 751-9160 for the amount due so you can leave a check in the drop-box, or mail it to Town Hall. To pay online, staff can provide the required information (except excise taxes due to privacy laws).
Call the Deputy Collector, PKS, at (781) 944-8504 for FY19 delinquent real estate, and personal property tax bills, or if marked for non-renewal at the RMV.